2 Tablespoons Salted Butter
1 Yellow Onion, Medium Sized
2 Cloves Garlic, Diced
1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary
3 Cups Beef Broth
4 Slices of a French Baguette
1/2 Cup Gruyere Cheese, Shredded
- Pour yourself one glass of Red Delicious wine. Swirl, sniff, sip. Enjoy!
- In a large saucepan combine butter, onion, garlic and rosemary. Simmer on low for 30 minutes stirring occasionally. Set oven to Broil.
- Once onions are caramelized stir in wine, let it simmer on low for 10 minutes. Add beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Spoon soup into oven-safe soup ramekins. Top with 1 slice of the French baguette and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and place in oven to broil for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
Suggested Wine Pairing; Wapato Point Cellar's Red Delicious.