1 Clove Garlic, Minced
1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
1/2 Cup Fresh Basil, Chopped
Zest of 1 Orange
Zest of 1 Lemon
2/3 Cup Kalamata Olives, Pitted, Cut in Half
1/4 Cup Capers
1/3 Cup Olive Oil
3 Tomatoes, Diced
1 Can Artichoke Hearts, Chopped
1 Tsp. Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
6 Salmon Fillets
1/2 Cup Karma Vineyard 2012 Chardonnay
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Pour yourself a one glass of Chardonnay. Sniff, swirl, sip. Enjoy!
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, parsley, basil, orange zest, lemon zest, olives, capers and olive oil. Stir in tomatoes, artichoke, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Set up barbecue and preheat to high. Brush salmon fillets on both sides with olive oil. Grill salmon for 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Transfer salmon to a heated plate and cover with foil.
- Place the sauce in a large skillet. Add Chardonnay and stir. Bring the sauce to a slow simmer over medium heat. Remove skillet from heat and add butter and balsamic vinegar, stir to combine.
- Serve the salmon with the sauce spooned over the top. Best enjoyed over a bed of quinoa.
Suggested wine pairing; Karma Vineyard's 2012 Chardonnay.