This month we've partnered up with OXO Tot again to a fun snack time food idea for fall mash-able foods!
Today I wanted to share a fall family favorite recipe, Apple Mash!
- 5 Jonathon Apples
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Dash of Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Cut apples in half and remove any seeds or core. Set aside.
- In a pot add water, cinnamon stick, nutmeg and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- Add apples and stir once. Let sit for 30 minutes on medium heat.
- Stir apples again and check every 5 minutes until water has dissipated and apples are soft.
- Remove any large chunks of skin and the cinnamon stick.
- Place apples in your Food Masher and mash until no large chunks are viable.
The color of the mash turns out beautiful when you use Jonathon Apples (or any other sweet red apple) and the flavors are amazing! Adding lemon juice helps add a little tang and the spices are the perfect combination for fall and not too potent for baby!
For leftovers we us the Glass Baby Blocks that are perfect for storing and re-heating! (we love warmed up apple mash!)
Vienna has also been loving her Feeding Spoon Set by OXO tot that has been perfect for her. They are the perfect size for her to hold in her hand and only hold a small amount of food so shes not feeding herself too much at a time!