Sunday mornings we always try to make breakfast all together as a family. This morning we made home made Belgian Waffles, they are sooo yummie and great for freezing & re-heating for breakfast during the week!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 3½ tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- For garnish: plenty of sliced fresh strawberries, powdered sugar, or maple syrup
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks. Add the milk, butter, and vanilla to the yolks. Mix well until combined. Stir yolk mixture into the flour mixture with a rubber spatula, just until combined. Using an electric mixer and a separate clean bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Use rubber spatula to gently fold the stiff egg whites into waffle batter, just until combined. Do not over mix. Let batter rest 10 minutes while you preheat the waffle iron.
- Cook waffles in heated waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions, until waffles are golden. Serve with fresh strawberries, powdered sugar, or maple syrup.