For Viennas first birthday we made Banana Bread Muffins with Wipped Cream Topping and she was IN LOVE!
We decided to do a first birthday cake Alternitive bacause Vienna is so new to trying foods and we didn't want to overload her system with cake. I love a good muffin to splurge on so we made some delicious banana bread muffins and they were a hit! Kidos loved that they were personal sized and the whipped cream made it messy and fun for everyone to watch!
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix-ins of your choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together mashed up bananas, melted butter and milk.
- Add Whisked egg, vanilla and sugar.
- Add dry ingredients slowly and stir until everything is just mixed together. Do not over-mix.
- Spray a muffin pan and fill each muffin cup 4/5 full (nearly full).
- Bake for 20 minutes. Makes 12 standard size muffins.